These hand-painted silk masks are an elegant alternative to other reusable cloth masks. They are lightweight, comfortable, and form nicely to your face. With a unique, hand-painted pattern on the fabric, they add subtle artistic expression to this protective "accessory." In addition to being stylish and unique, silk has properties that make it a superior fabric choice.
- Silk is naturally hypoallergenic and comfortable because the fibre structure is smooth, so there is less irritation.
- Silk can trap microscopic particles because it has electrostatic properties.
- Silk is naturally hydrophobic, which means it is less quick to become damp and unhygenic.
These findings are supported by a recent medical study in the US - read more here.
- 100% charmeuse silk (satin-backed crepe)
- High thread count yet still comfortable
- 3.25" x 7.5" with pleats
- Moldable nose piece
- Adjustable toggles on soft, elastic ear straps
- Sewn with 100% cotton thread
- Machine-washable (lay flat to dry, you may choose to iron pleats after)
Because the fabric is hand-painted, this results in variations of colour and pattern, making each mask unique.